"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write something worth reading or do things worth writing." – Benjamin Franklin
Wondering how to listen to music for free?
I’m sure you must have heard about Spotify.
(Well, you can go to ’em pirates *arrrrr* or you can continue reading.)
You don’t have it in your country?
No problemos, you can get it NOW! All free.
Minimum Requirements :
An internet connection,
A Facebook account,
Patience to read my blog.
Modus Operandi :
1) Go to http://www.spotify.com.
Try signing up. If the service is available in your country, you can sign up right away.
It’s available in the following countries :
I’m from India, and despite our Music industry being one of the biggest in the world, it’s unavailable in my country. If that’s the case in yours too, you should get a message similar to this one :
Now, I’ve researched around for a while, and results usually lead me to the Klout website or the Coca-Cola website, something in the order that if I signed up for some crappy offer, I would get access to Spotify no matter where I lived.
Of course, I’m not letting you through that process.
Click “Download Now”, it should automatically start downloading an application called “Easy-Hide-IP”. Do the required formalities, install the application.
Remember, it is only a 3-day TRIAL, if you have used this application before, you can try this website, but I do not guarantee it will work : www.hidemyass.com.
4) Now the mechanics behind this is, it hides your IP address, and changes it to elsewhere, wherever you would prefer.
After completing formalities, your UI should look like this :
Choose a US server (New York shown here). Wait till it accepts it, then open your browser.
5) Go to www.spotify.com/us, click on “Sign up” : (Note the /us/ when your IP is from the US.)
6) Now you WILL require a Facebook account. They will ask you to log in with your Facebook email and password. Do it.
8) HOLA! You’re done there. Use Spotify as much you like! You can change your IP back to where it was originally, or keep it changed for 3 days till your trail expires, won’t matter now.
From what I see, Spotify only sees your country when you sign up for the client the first time. After that, you can use it no matter where you log in from.
Cheers, Happy Music!
Share if you liked this!